Thursday, March 3, 2011

Indeed, All We Have Is Now, and all Herein

"Of whom and of what indeed can I say: "I know that!" This heart within me I can feel, and I judge that it exists. This world I can touch, and I likewise judge that it exists. There ends all my knowledge, and the rest is construction. For if I try to seize this self of which I feel sure, if I try to define and to summarize it, it is nothing but water slipping through my fingers. I can sketch one by one all the aspects it is able to assume, all those likewise that have been attributed to it, this upbringing, this origin, this ardor or these silences, this nobility or this vileness. But aspects cannot be added up. This very heart which is mine will forever remain indefinable to me." -- Albert Camus

Love in the present moment. True being is being here. This I now see clearly, and all seems much relieved and infinitely more beautiful. As said in the great movie "Groundhog Day," Bob turns to his love Rita and asks in that great moment, the Tere hommikust!, "Is there anything I can do for you...today?" To love her, and love life, in the present moment -- that is all I, or anything, can ask of life. And it is all I'll ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment